Still waiting to jump into the world of smartphones? Or maybe you like to be the first guy to have the coolest new toys?
Nokia’s new Lumia 1020 smartphone boasts a 41-megapixel camera with flash and low-light performance. That’s a pretty large jump in the world of photography over any smartphone currently in production.
While utilizing the Windows Phone 8 OS, perhaps the best part is the price tag. Under AT&T contract, it will be sold for a mere $300 while the off-contract price is $700. You can place your pre-order on July 16.
Nokia 1020 Features
- Dual Capture – 5-megapixel photos and 38-megapixel photos are captured simultaneously, allowing you both a high-res and low-res photo to choose from and share.
- 3 Colors – Yellow, black and white will be offered by AT&T with more colors as a possibility for off-contract phones.
- Sharp Display – 4.5-inch AMOLED display with WXGA resolution
- Snapdragon Processor– A 1.5GHz dual-core processor is considerably faster than the 1.02GHz dual-core A6 chip in the iPhone 5.
- Lots of Storage – Nokia is offering a 32GB and 64GB model.
- Camera Extras – Optical image stabilization, tripod mount support and a xenon flash come standard and you can choose from six different lenses.
Nokia’s biggest challenge might be simply be getting the public to believe in a company that has never released a high-end smartphone product. At $300 though, we’d take a chance.